Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Next destination: Mount Bromo, in 3 days.

  Mount Bromo HD Timelapse from Justin Ng Photo on Vimeo.


A destination I've never planned on going, because until up till a month ago, I have never even heard of this place.

So I'm heading to an active volcano near Surabaya, Indonesia, known as Mount Bromo, as well as the Ijen Crater and a beach on a trip that already sounds too much for me. I'm not really a mountain person, so I really worry if my fitness level will make it. I really wish that I have a muscular lover who can carry me halfway through the journey.

Went to Pulau Ubin for a 7km walk over the weekend for some 'training' and saw a hornbill. A local hornbill. A Singaporean hornbill! Wow. I have never seen a hornbill before! Was tickled when my hiking companion, Dad, thought it was a wooden hornbill statue, hung by our NParks authority and started to say 'Wah, a wooden hornbiiii...' when it suddenly flew, caught a fat worm, pounded it onto the tree trunk till it died, and chomped on the wriggling thing, oblivious to us humans.

I've watched this amazing video and became much more excited about my trip. It's nice to have facebook friends whom you barely know who can change your perception by a video link on your status.

Here's the site link: http://vimeo.com/44543156


No comments: