Friday, August 30, 2013

Photo Friday: Under the Light of the Holland Sun


It's a black and white photo, but looking at this, I felt almost as though I could see the golden sunlight streaming through, what an encouraging and inspirational feeling!

Lately, my photos were (unfairly) criticised for being "over-processed" which got me down to thinking. Of course, other film enthusiasts will recognized that they are unedited, the grainy or over-vignette effect; or tints and depths created by cross-processing are natural, unedited effects. But I do agree on one point: That they are non-commercial, for sure. I'm not taking photos to impress other photographers. I'm taking photos that you will like and feel happy, inspired, or in a holiday mood after seeing them. That, to me, is one of the real happiness of this photography hobby. Meanwhile, I hope to showcase snapshots of hidden places in the countries I visit,  and make other people fall in love with the places that enraptured me.

Photo taken with Ilford 400 BW film, at Clingendael Park in The Hague, The Netherlands.
PS: The Ilford website has an impressive list of helpful books on photography
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/photostudy/publications.asp

No comments: